Thu 15 Sep 2022 - Thu 15 Sep 2022
7 pm - 8 pm
- Margaret Martin Library, Level 1 Royal Randwick Shopping Centre, 73 Belmore Rd, Randwick
Join local author Eleanor Limprecht in conversation with Catherine de Peloux Menagé as they discuss Eleanor’s latest novel 'The Coast'. The Coast is a meticulously researched historical novel, set in and around the Coast Hospital at Little Bay. The stunning and wild beauty of the sea cliffs and beaches of this area are captured in Limprecht’s beautiful evocative prose and the setting in the hospital’s lazaret (leprosy colony) is a fascinating insight into a little-known part of local history.
- Online booking essential.
- More Information
- Light catering will be provided from 6.30pm, the event will start at 7.00pm.
Eleanor Limprecht was born in Washington, DC and grew up in the United States, Germany and Pakistan before moving to Australia in 2002. She is the author of four novels, been the recipient of various residencies, scholarships and grants including from the Australia Council, Copyright Agency and the Australian Society of Authors. Eleanor works as a lecturer in Creative Writing at UTS.
Catherine de Peloux Menagé worked in educational publishing and is now a facilitator at writers’ festivals and literary events as well as a Festival Director. She co-founded the St Albans Writers’ Festival.
- Covid-19 Safety Terms and Conditions apply. Follow this link to find out more. Please review them prior to attending this event as these may change with short notice.
- Bookings are essential as spaces are limited.
- If you are unable to attend the course, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate.
- The ticket is not transferable.
- You do not need to be a Library member to attend this event, however library membership is free and you can join online.
- Please arrive from 6pm to enjoy some light catering and allow the event to run on time from 6.30pm.
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council's websites, publications, social media or by newspapers. By attending this session you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image to be published, please notify staff before the event.