Wed 27 Oct 2021 - Wed 27 Oct 2021
6.30 pm - 7.30 pm
- Live webinar with Zoom.
Costa will discuss his gardening and sustainability knowledge brought together in his new book Costa's World.
About this event
Gardening for the soul, the soil and the suburbs – from the beloved host of ABC TV’s Gardening Australia.
A generous, joyous, fully illustrated gardening book, Costa’s World celebrates the life-changing joy of chooks; kids in the garden; big ideas for small spaces; Costa’s favourite plants; growing the right plants for your conditions; biodiversity in the soil and garden; the power of community; the brilliance of bees and pollinators; easy-peasy permaculture; and much, much more. Bringing together all of Costa’s gardening and sustainability knowledge, this is a book for the whole family that reflects Costa’s philosophy and big-hearted sense of fun.
Costa will be in conversation with Robyn Syphers from Camden Libraries with the support of NSW Public Libraries Association.
Copies of Costa's World are available from all good book sellers.
Numbers are limited for this free virtual event and bookings are essential.
This presentation will be broadcast online using Zoom. Book your place and we’ll send you a Zoom link to join the meeting (download and install from zoom.us if you haven't already).
About the Author:
Costa Georgiadis is a landscape architect, environmental educator and television presenter who has an all-consuming passion for plants and people. As co-creator and host of Costa’s Garden Odyssey for SBS, he caught the attention of a nation. Since 2013, Costa has continued his journey as the much-loved host of one of the ABC’s most iconic and Logie award-winning programs, Gardening Australia. Costa is a must have TV and radio guest on talk shows, lifestyle programs, current affairs programs, gameshows and brings the comedy gold in unexpected places to audiences young and old. As Costa the Garden Gnome on ABC Kids’ Get Grubby TV, he shares his love of nature and joy of gardening for a new generation of garden planet dwellers. He wins hearts wherever he goes and his presenting work with Gardening Australia has been acknowledged with a Silver Logie.
Registration and joining details:
If you’re not familiar with Zoom we recommend you visit our library webinar FAQ's page for answers to the most common questions about joining our webinars and further details on how to join.
Terms and conditions:
- You do not need to be a Library member to attend this event, however library membership is free and you can join online.
- Bookings are essential and spaces are limited. This event is being delivered and supported by NSW Public Libraries Events.
- If you are unable to attend, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the event.
- The ticket and link to join the webinar are not transferable.
- The ticket holder/attendee is not permitted to record or distribute the webinar video.
- Your ticket can be cancelled by the organiser at any time without further notice.
- Please join the event 10 minutes early to allow time for any technical setup or solving potential issues you might experience.
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through audio and/or video recordings. These recordings may be used later on council's websites, social media, or other external websites. By joining a session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, please contact us to discuss your concerns in good time prior to the web-event date.