Content last updated: 19 March 2020, 9:30am
The following measures have been implemented by Randwick City Library until further notice:
- Our three branches are closed as of Thursday 19 March 2020 until further notice. We are available to assist you by phone (02) 9093 6400 and email firstname.lastname@example.org from Monday to Friday 9.00am-5.00pm.
- Visit our frequently asked questions page to find answers to most common questions about our Library services.
- We are suspending all overdue notices and reservations as of today. No overdue fines apply.
- Visit our eLibrary. We have thousands of eBooks, eAudiobooks, and eMagazines that you can borrow free of charge using your library card. Download our myLibrary app to your smart device
- If you need support accessing these online resources email email@example.com or call us on 02 9093 6400.
- Library events, programs and activities are suspended. This includes children’s story time sessions, talks, classes, workshops and book clubs.
- If you have paid a fee to attend, an event, program or activity, Council staff will be in contact with you further arrangements.
- The Toy and Game Library is closed at all branches. Memberships will be extended for the temporary closure period.
- Library venue bookings by external parties have been suspended. Hirers are being notified directly.
The decision to take these measures hasn’t been taken lightly as we know our libraries are a much-loved part of our community; however, the well-being and safety of our staff and community is our top priority.
Any new information about the operations of the library in the coming days and weeks will be published on our website randwick.nsw.gov.au/library, Facebook, Instagram (@randwickcitylibrary) and our eNewsletter.
We’d like to remind library patrons that we have a range of fantastic online resources including eBooks, eMagazines, eFilms and eAudiobooks which you can access for free as part of your library membership.
Download the myLibrary app to search and access with greater ease. If you need support to access these resources please contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9093 6400.
For specific health-related advice about coronavirus visit NSW Health and Australian Government - Department of Health.
(Resources for COVID-19 in other community languages are available here.)
Library ManagerBack to top