Help your environment by saving water
Please check Sydney Water for current water restrictions in your area.
Water saving tips
You can also save water by following some of our tips below:
Watering your garden
- establish new lawn using your sprinkler or watering system at any time of day for 14 days after you've laid the turf
- use water from your rainwater tank, as long as it's not connected to or topped up with drinking water.
- use a bucket, watering can or a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle to wash vehicles
- clean your bin using a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle. Where possible, wash your bin in an official bin wash area or on grass
- hose paths, driveways, concrete or other paved surfaces for health, safety, emergency, construction or surface discoloration reasons. You must be able to give a legitimate reason to one of our authorised staff members if you're asked
- use a hose to flush your boat engine
- use a hose with a trigger nozzle or high pressure cleaning device to clean your boat bilges, boat trailer brakes and wheels.
Please check Sydney Water for the most up to date water saving tips.