The Des Renford Leisure Centre offers two programs specifically designed for kids aged 10 - 12 and 13 - 16 years. All sessions are carefully planned and supervised by qualified trainers to ensure the kids are exercising safely while having fun at the same time.
Fun Fit: 10-12 year olds
Exactly as the name suggests - this is all about movement and having fun!
Children participate in a variety of physical games and activities under the guidance of qualified gym instructors.
Fun Fit will include fitness and sports based games, sports skills and various drills.
The emphasis is on enjoyment and involvement versus a structured “training” regime.
Pro TEEN: 13-16 year olds
This is gym based training tailored to suit the needs of our older teens.
Their training will incorporate cardio, light resistance, functional training and group fitness.
Lead by professional Gym Instructors, this is a transitional program for teens to get active and learn more about safely using the gym.
Days and Times
Monday – Thursday (throughout the school term and excluding Public Holidays)
4.15pm – 5.15pm
Memberships are continued during the school holidays (see Ts and Cs below).
Should you wish to put a hold on your child's membership throughout this time, please advise DRLC via email or by completing a hold form at reception.
$17.00 / per week (Direct Debit)
Prices effective as of 1 July, 2018
Active Kids Vouchers
Active Kids vouchers can be used for our new 8 week School Aged Fitness Intro Program (for Fun Fit or Pro TEEN classes).
The 8 week school age fitness program is $136. A $36 upfront payment is required with your voucher.
Access for Fun Fit and Pro TEEN members includes:
- Attending all of the Fun Fit or Pro TEEN programs during term (4:15pm - 5:15pm; Mon – Thurs);
- Access DRLC any day of the year to use the pools (i.e. Aqua Play; lap swimming; etc.);
- Enter the gym during school holidays between 12pm - 4pm (Monday – Friday) and 12pm - 6pm (Saturday & Sunday).
- Child must be accompanied by a guardian at all times (this person must be a DRLC facility member or a paying guest);
- Child is only permitted to use cardio equipment and stretch area of the gym.