Taking steps to end domestic violence
The Step Out Speak Out Walk raises awareness about domestic violence and asks everyone to stand up and say no to domestic violence. The annual Walk is organised by NSW Police Eastern Beaches Local Area Command and Randwick City Council with support from The Juniors.
November 25 is the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women, which marks the beginning of 16 Days of Activism, culminating in Human Rights Day on December 10. During the 16 Days of Activism commencing on the 25 November, we ask you to Step Out Speak Out and Walk against Domestic Violence with your family, friends, workmates or teammates.
This year, we ask you to join us in marching against Domestic Violence.
Order of events:
- 7:00am - Arrive at High Cross Park
- 7:30am – Walk commences down Coogee Bay Road
- 8:00am – Arrive Grant Reserve
- 8:00am – Ceremony / Speeches
- 8:30am – Students lead the audience in the pledge
- 8:30am – Morning Tea
- 9:00am – Event ends
If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic or family violence there are domestic and family violence support services available:
- Men’s Referral Service: 1300 766 491
- NSW Domestic Violence Line: 1800 65 64 63
Traffic and public transport information
Please be advised that there will be temporary road closures on Coogee Bay Road and Belmore Road as well as adjoining side streets; and parking restrictions will be implemented on Belmore Road on Friday 25 November 2022. Coogee Bay Road will close from approximately 7.20am, with the closure starting at the intersection of Belmore Road. The road will be reopened as walkers pass.
Buses on Arden Street will operate as normal. The 370 Bus which ordinarily uses Coogee Bay Road and Belmore Road, will be diverted to Carr Street during this period. Details on temporary bus stops and routes can be found here https://transportnsw.info/alerts#/bus
Please expect some minor traffic delays on this morning. All roads should be re-opened by approximately 8:30am.
There will be a free round trip bus service:
- Dolphin Street Car park to High Cross Park from 6:30am – 7:15am starting at 6:30am from Dolphin Street Car Park.
- Grant Reserve to High Cross Park from 9:00am – 9:30am from Beach Street. Starting at 9:00am from Beach Street.
The shuttle buses, including an accessible courtesy bus are kindly provided by the Juniors.
Take a look at the Highlights from the Step Out Speak Out (previously Sydney's White Ribbon Walk) from 2019.