Thu 1 Jan 1970 - Fri 7 Aug 2020
9 am - 12.30 pm
- Every week on Friday, until 18 Dec 2020
- Randwick Sustainability Hub
- 27 Munda Street, Randwick
Come gardening with us Friday mornings from 9:00am to 12:30pm and help us plant, weed, and compost. We break for morning tea together and socialise over lunch, you'll also share in the bounty of any harvest!
** COVID UPDATE - Please bring own gloves, morning tea and/or lunch. All hand tools will be disinfected between use and masks will be available. **
There are three areas in the award-winning Randwick Sustainability Hub to work in depending on your interests and expertise. You need to choose which garden you want to work in, but may move between gardens from week to week.
PLEASE CHOOSE BETWEEN:
- Permaculture Garden and Food Forest - joining the Permaculture Garden and Food Forest is perfect for those that want expert guidance from landscape architect Steve Batley, and sustainability educator Julian Lee. Over the course of a year, you will learn about regenerative agriculture concepts and there is also the opportunity to learn specialist skills like worm farming, composting, seed saving, propagation and pruning.
- Community Garden - joining the Community Garden is perfect for those that want to work with a more autonomous gardening group and/or are experienced gardeners looking for a patch of dirt and to garden with others. This group focuses on growing fruit and vegetables.
- Native Habitat Garden - joining the Native Habitat Garden is perfect for those that want to work with a more autonomous gardening group and/or are experienced gardeners looking for a patch of dirt and to garden with others. This group focuses on maintaining native habitat, especially to protect our smaller critters.
EVENTBRITE LINKBack to top