Sat 25 Sep 2021 - Sat 25 Sep 2021
11 am - 12.30 pm
- La Perouse Museum and Headland
- 1542 Anzac Parade, La Perouse
Join Kadoo First Contact Tours and learn from their expert guides about Aboriginal culture at La Perouse. Start at La Perouse Museum and discover the local flora and fauna, and learn about the region's diverse history.
- Apologies, this event has been cancelled.
- More Contact Information
- Meet at 11am at La Perouse Museum. Please bring a warm jacket and comfortable walking shoes.
This guided tour led by the established and popular Kadoo Cultural Tours features learning about the Dreaming of this land La Perouse and the impact of First Contact upon the Indigenous people of the area by European settlers. Taste bush tucker with your guides, be involved in a traditional ochre ceremony, and learn how the Aboriginal people hunted, fished and gathered throughout the area.
Conditions of booking:
Our staff are trained in first aid, have working with children checks, and run activities that are risk-assessed. We ask that participants follow all instructions relating to safety.
Randwick City Council staff may on occasion take recordings of participants during activities (including photographs, videos and voice recordings). If you DO NOT wish for the participant’s recording to be used according to these conditions, please indicate this during the booking process.
Special Conditions for COVID-19:
La Perouse Museum has implemented COVID-19 Special Operating Procedures for the safety of staff, participants and visitors to the Museum and to our programs. These procedures are based around social distancing, hygiene, venue cleaning and record-keeping. Please assist by observing instructions provided by Council staff or signage. You can view further details about these conditions on the Museum webpage of the RCC website.
Participants may not attend activity programs if they have any of the following:
- COVID-19 symptoms: fever or acute respiratory infection (e.g. shortness of breath or cough) with or without fever
- Close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days
- Travelled to Australia from overseas or have been in a designated COVID-19 hotspot in the past 14 days