Mon 11 Jan 2021 - Mon 11 Jan 2021
8 am - 12.30 pm
- Coogee Beach
- Meet outside Coogee Surf Life Saving Club
Learn from OceanFit's expert instructors how to keep your family safe in the waves this summer in this important 2 hour introductory session.
- $35 PER PAIR (1 adult + 1 child)
- Bookings required
- Booking URL
- More Contact Information
- call Helen Morrison on 9093 6223
IMPORTANT UPDATE: The January Marine and Coastal activities are currently scheduled to go ahead, however should advice from NSW Health mean cancellations are needed, we will endeavour to communicate with you as quickly as possible. If cancellations occur due to NSW Public Health orders, all activities will be refunded. Special conditions for COVID-19
8am – 10am and
Cost: $35 for two ( a parent and a child duo)
Learn from OceanFit's expert ocean swimming instructors how to keep your family safe in the waves this summer in this important 2 hour introductory session.
If you are a parent, this introductory clinic will instil confidence in your ability to instruct your children at the beach.
If you’re a child, you’ll have the best fun learning with your family and friends how to stay safe in the ocean, dive under waves and how-to body surf!
Meet outside Coogee Surf Lifesaving Club (south end of Coogee Beach).
Conditions of booking
- Minimum age 8 years
- Maximum 6 adult/child pairs
- Participants 8 years required to swim continuously for 25 metres
- Participants 9 and 10 years required to swim continuously for 50 metres
- Participants 11 years and above required to swim continuously for 100 metres.
Special conditions for COVID-19
NSW COVID-19 public health orders will apply to this activity including, social distancing orders and hand hygiene practices. Please assist in keeping all participants safe during the event, by observing instructions provided by Council staff or signage. You can view updated health-related advice and conditions on the RCC website.
Do not attend this activity if they have any of the following:
- Close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days
- Travelled to Australia from overseas or have been in close contact with someone who has arrived in Australia in the past 14 days
- COVID-19 symptoms: fever or acute respiratory infection (e.g. shortness of breath or cough) with or without fever.
This program is a Sustaining Our City initiative and is funded from Randwick City’s Environmental Levy.