Sat 14 Sep 2019 - Sat 14 Sep 2019
10 am - 11.30 am
- Randwick Community Centre
- 27 Munda Street Randwick
We are conducting a free information session on modern cloth nappies. This workshop will show you how easy the modern cloth nappy is to use and clean and will help you decide which style of nappy will suit your baby best.
Would you like to reduce waste and stop the use of disposable nappies?
The modern cloth nappy is vastly different from cloth nappies of the past. They are very user friendly, come in a range of sizes, colours, patterns and fabric types with no safety pins in sight!
This session will cover the following information:
- The benefits of using cloth nappies.
- The different styles of cloth nappies available.
- What you need to start using cloth nappies.
- How to fit the nappies and care for them.
- What all is involved in cleaning the cloth nappies.
- Discuss the economic and environmental benefits of cloth nappies.
The workshop also includes a hands-on component with baby dolls to try them out on. The all-important question of "What do I do with the poo?" will also be answered!
Current cloth nappy users can bring along any cloth nappies you have if you'd like help with fitting or support using them.
Workshop facilitator, Alice, has been using modern cloth nappies on her young children from when they were born, and has run many nappy workshop across Sydney and the Illawarra.
New and expecting parents, grandparents, and carers are all welcome.