Mon 31 Dec 2018 - Mon 31 Dec 2018
9 pm - 9.30 pm
- Coogee Beach
Randwick City Council heralds in the New Year with a family friendly fireworks event commencing at 9pm.
Every year Randwick City Council proudly presents the Coogee Sparkles NYE fireworks at the family-friendly time of 9pm (note there are no midnight fireworks).
Families, local community and visitors gather along the coast at Coogee Beach to watch this fabulous 15-20 minute fireworks display. Many people make a day of it by swimming at the beach during the afternoon and enjoying a picnic dinner while waiting for the sun to set. Alcohol restrictions apply.
The fireworks are set off from Dunningham Reserve (near the Bali Memorial) which is located to the north of Coogee Beach.
Best viewing areas
The Coogee Sparkles can be seen from a distance and there are many vantage points in surrounding suburbs where you'll get a good view of the fireworks. Here are some locations:
- Goldstein Reserve, Coogee: located right next to the beach
- Grant Reserve & Trenerry Reserve: located further south but there are good viewing areas close to the coast
- Clovelly Beach car park: good view of the fireworks from the north
- Burrows Park headland: good view of the fireworks from the north
- Local restaurants and hotels: many local establishments host excellent NYE events within sight of the fireworks
A guide to Coogee NYE
- This event is popular, so arrive early to secure a spot.
- Parking is limited. Be prepared to park some distance away and walk, or better still take a bus direct to Coogee Beach http://www.sydneybuses.info/.
- Glass, dogs, smoking and alcohol is banned on Coogee Beach. Alcohol is also banned in the surrounding parks.
- Please take your rubbish with you when you leave or dispose of it responsibly.
- This is an alcohol-free event. Alcohol is prohibited at all Coogee beachside parks and reserves. NSW Police will have an increased presence and will enforce the restrictions.
Special event clearways and road closures
Special Event clearways will be in place on the 31 December 2018 between 12 midday and 10pm in the following streets:
- Alfreda Street - both sides from Brook Street to Arden Street
- Arden Street - both sides from Bream Street to Carr Street
- Coogee Bay Road
- Coogee Bay Road - both sides from Brook Street to Arden Street
- Dolphin Street - north side from Brook Street to Arden Street
A road closure will be in place on the 31 December 2018 between 12 midday and 9:30pm in:
- Alfreda Street from Brook Street to Arden Street.
Road closures will be in place on the 31 December 2018 between 7pm and 9:30pm in the following streets:
- Alfreda Street - from Brook Street to Arden Street
- Arden Street - from Bream Street to Carr Street
- Coogee Bay Road
- Coogee Bay Road - from Brook Street and Arden Street
- Dolphin Street - from Brook Street and Arden Street
Both the Coogee Oval and the Dolphin Street car parks will also be closed on the 31 December 2018 between 12 midday and 9:30pm.
We hope you have a great night!
Back to top