Sat 18 Mar 2017 - Sat 18 Feb 2017
3pm - 5pm
- Every month on the 3rd Saturday of the month, until 18th Nov 2017
- Permaculture Interpretive Garden
- Randwick Community Centre, 27 Munda Street, Randwick
CANCELLED DUE TO ILL HEALTH... Come gardening with us on the third Saturday of the month for our Community Volunteer PermaBee in the Permaculture Interpretive Garden. Join permaculture horticulturalist and landscape designer, Emma Daniel while we plant out, weed, harvest, maintain the compost and propagate vegies — whatever needs doing on the day! If there is wet weather the PermaBee will be cancelled.
- Bookings not required... just pop in! Just bring hat, sunscreen, covered shoes.
The permauculture, bush food and habitat gardens… PLANTS… FOOD… LIFE…
That's what we're doing this Saturday when we join horticultural educator and permaculture gardener, Emma Daniell, for our Saturday afternoon PermaBee in the Permaculture Interpretive Garden.
Arrive 2:30pm for us to assess what needs to be done for the day which might include...
- Seed propagation — We'll check the calendar for October and propagate this months seeds.
We'll also check what to plant in November for successional planting and possible seed ordering.
- Planting — We'll look at preparing our bean and corn beds and direct sow seeds.
- Weeding and checking the compost and wormfarms — This month it is time to weed our strawberry patch and if we have time our Zone 5 native garden area.
- Seed saving — We'll look at collecting seed, storing and labelling seed. We'll also choose what plants we want to go to seed and label so people don't pick those plants.
It's all about learning by doing, a relaxed and easy way to acquire gardening skills like propagating, transplanting, harvesting, composting and maintaining the garden, skills you take home to apply in your own garden.
The Permaculture Interpretive Garden (PIG), home to our PermaBees, is a community park rather than a community garden. You just turn up when you can and join in the fun and learning. It's and edible community park that is also a learning space for Randwick Council's Organic Gardening, Balcony Gardening and Permaculture Orchard courses. And, with its public BBQ, it's a popular venue for children's birthday parties — though you have to get there early to find space.
See you then. Don't forget your hat, sun cream and covered shoes.
Bookings not required.. just pop in! Just bring hat, sunscreen, covered shoes.
Need more information? Contact Fiona Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org
IN CASE OF WET WEATHER: The PermaBee will be cancelled if wet weather.Back to top