Celebrating all things green and sustainable
Randwick’s Eco living Expo (formerly Eco living Fair) is the Eastern Suburbs biggest free community and sustainability-focused festival, promoting innovative green living in a fun, family-friendly way. It's held in September each year at the Randwick Community Centre. This years Eco living Expo is being held on Sunday 22 September 2019 from 9.30am to 3pm.
In 2018 the Eco living Expo was jam-packed full of interactive workshops, talks, demonstrations, live performances, stalls and fun family entertainment. And the latest ideas and information on living cleaner, greener and more sustainably.
- Speaker series including Dr Karl on the future of energy, Craig Reucassel (ABC War on Waste), Erin Rhoads the Rogue Ginger on the practicalities of living waste-free and Smart Cities conversations.
- Expo marquee
- Workshops and demonstrations with an environmental focus
- Sustainable demonstration house as part of Sustainable House Day
- Market stalls promoting and showcasing environmental friendly home-wares and products from across the Eastern suburbs and wider Sydney
- Children's entertainment including native wildlife shows, recycled arts and crafts, live bird shows, rock wall climbing and much more
Many local partner organisations attended to provide information and conduct formal and informal talks and workshops based on the environmental issues that affect our community in their homes, at school and in the workplace.
Other popular events included free bicycle maintenance workshops and experts on hand helping out with keeping bees, chickens and sustainable food production.
Aims and objectives
We hope that people come to the Eco living Expo wanting to find out more about how to live sustainably and how to reduce their ecological footprint - particularly energy and water consumption, and waste.
Our aim is that every person leaves having learnt something about the environment, or a tip about how to tread more lightly on the earth.
Our event is powered by renewable forms of energy including wind, solar and bio-diesel.
Food scraps will be collected and composted and left-over food collected for donation.
Take a look at the highlights from the 2018 Eco living Expo.