Emergency management in Randwick
In the case of a major emergency an emergency management plan will be activated, in accordance with disaster management procedures.
The NSW State Disaster plan is available on the Emergency Management NSW website.
Randwick City Council recommends these emergency-related documents:
- Preparing for the Unexpected - Survival Kit checklist PDF, 396.13 KB
- Preparing for the Unexpected 3rd edition PDF, 1613.85 KB
- Botany Bay Precinct Emergency Plan PDF, 394.16 KB
- Storm action guide PDF, 122.45 KB
- Lightning action guide PDF, 26.33 KB
- Flood action guide PDF, 122.46 KB
- Cyclone action guide PDF, 109.81 KB
- Pets in Emergencies action guide PDF, 131.04 KB
- Earthquake action guide PDF, 109.52 KB
- Tsunami action guide PDF, 207.71 KB
Plan for nearby industrial accidents
The Botany Bay Precinct Emergency Plan PDF, 394.16 KB has information on best practice principles for planning and implementing protective actions during potential airborne hazards caused by industrial or transport accidents.
This plan affects the Local Government area of Botany Bay and part of Randwick.
Emergency service providers
Emergency services are provided by a network of Federal, State and Local Government agencies, and emergency service providers including:
- fire services
- community services
- health services
- and other agencies
Emergency phone services
Phone numbers for all Emergency services in Australia - Fire, Ambulance and Police are:
- 112 if calling from a digital mobile phone
In the case of a major emergency authorities will broadcast a 1800 emergency hotline number for information.
People affected by an emergency would be guided to an evacuation site.
Preparing for an emergency
The Australian Red Cross has developed a simple four step REDiPlan to help you plan and prepare for an emergency.
Further information is available from the following websites: