Supporting creative arts and cultural projects
The Cultural and Community Grants Program supports creative arts and cultural projects that enrich the lives of our residents and make Randwick a vibrant city to live in.
The program offers two rounds of funding each year in March and September. The September 2019 Round is now closed.
The March Round (for projects between 1 April and 30 September 2020 is now open and applications will close 5pm Monday 24 February 2020.
A list of successful applicants and their projects for earlier rounds, can be found below.
Who can apply?
- Not for profit, locally based community organisations or groups who are incorporated
- Individual residents of Randwick City can apply on behalf of a group of residents, and
- Applicants who can demonstrate their capacity to manage and deliver their project, activity or event over a timeframe not exceeding 12 months.
What can you apply for?
- Support or implement projects, events or activities that encourage local community participation and social cohesion
- Support the development of and delivery of creative, artistic and cultural projects that enrich the experience of our communities.
Applicants can seek grants from Council for the following:
- In-kind contribution only (waiver of Council fees and charges)
- Cash contribution only, or
- A combination of in-kind and cash contribution
For more details please read the Cultural Community Grants Program - Guidelines updated June 2018 PDF, 270.09 KB
- Successful Applications September 2017 PDF, 93.52 KB
- Successful Applications March 2017 PDF, 97.4 KB
- Successful Applications September 2016 PDF, 51.24 KB
- Successful Applications March 2016 PDF, 52.62 KB
- Successful Applications September 2015 PDF, 54.1 KB
- Successful Applications March 2015 PDF, 53.42 KB
Opening and closing dates for applications
Applications for grant projects are now open.
All applicants should:
- Read the Cultural and Community Grant Program Guidelines to make sure your project is eligible and suitable.
- Tentatively book any Council venue you seeking an in-kind fee waver.. You must to provide the quoted charges for use of the venue in your application.
- Complete the Cultural and Community Grant March 2020 Round Application Form PDF, 324.39 KB
- You must provide quotes for all items to be purchased as part of the project
- Provide any supporting information such as applicant's background and reports.
The September 2019 Cultural and Community Grant Round is now Closed.
Applications for Grant projects to be held between 1 April 2020 and 30 September 2020 close 5pm Monday 24 February 2020.