The built form and design excellence to be recognised through the 2022 Randwick City Architecture and Urban Design Awards. Held every two years, the awards aim to inspire outstanding urban design and are one of Randwick Council’s key urban design initiatives.
“Randwick City’s built environment is as diverse as our community and these awards allow a variety of design projects to be applauded and recognised for their quality and distinction,” says Councillor Dylan Parker, Mayor of Randwick.
The Awards aim to inspire outstanding urban design by recognising design excellence, promoting community awareness, and acknowledging architects and designers who are involved in enhancing Randwick City’s built environment.
There are eight categories available to enter are:
- Best House
- Best Apartment
- Best Alteration or Renovation
- Best Conservation Project
- Best Urban Project
- Best Sustainable
- People’s Choice Award
- UNSW Student Design
Each year, three independent expert judges are engaged to assess the entries, select the finalists in each category and ultimately decide the winners. The 2022 judges are:
- Mary Ellen Hudson, Mary Ellen Hudson Architects and Interior Design
- Andrew Nimmo, Director Lahznimmo Architects, Past NSW Chapter President Australian Institute of Architects
- Dr Elisa Palazzo, Architect/Urbanist and Landscape Architect. Coordinator Landscape Architecture Master program, Built Environment UNSW Sydney
Entries are open from 1 October to Sunday 30 October, with the award ceremony to be held in late November. To enter the awards, click here.