Our Eco Living Festival came back with a bang this past Sunday 18 September. The weather put on a show as the community came out in droves to learn about all thing sustainability. From trishaw rides to sustainable cooking and learning about electric vehicles, here's a snapshot of what went on.
- 5,500 attended to learn about how to be more sustainable
- 100 people inquired about the electric vehicle bulk buy from the Good Car company and it's not too late to learn more here
- 350-400 participants learned sustainable cooking techniques such as making kraut and vinegar so reduce their food waste
- 8 sustainable hands-on workshops were held during the Eco Living Festival, teaching how to be more sustainable at home
- 3 incredible presenters shared their knowledge and experience to the community
- 30 eco market stalls sold their sustainably made products
- 5 food trucks served hundreds of delicious meals
- 115 participants took part in the Eco Quiz, broadening their knowledge about the environment
- 180 winners received an Eco show bag to encourage sustainable living
- 180 edible cups were bought and kept from landfill
- 130 people attended the talks in the outdoor classroom learning all about native bees, scrumping and more!
- 30 trishaw rides were given around Environment Park, proving that cycling is ageless
- 100 children made their own cardboard toys
- 120 people caught the shuttle bus to get to and from the Festival, lessening congestion on our roads
- 1000 native plants were sold to add to the greening of our City
Thank you to everyone who attended the Eco Living Festival! We hope to see you next year!