How we plan for Randwick City's future
Jump to our different reports and plans below
- Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS)
- Randwick City Plan
- Informing Strategies
- Resourcing Strategy
- Delivery Program and Operational Plan & budget
- Financial Statements and Quarterly and Annual Reports
- Plans of management
- Master plans
- LEP and DCP
- Previous Integrated Planning and Reporting Documents
- Other Plans, Strategies, Studies and Reports
Planning begins with understanding our community’s aspirations for the future.
These aspirations then form the basis for a suite of integrated plans that set out the community’s vision and goals; and develop strategic actions to achieve them.
Our planning is based on the NSW Government's legislated integrated planning and reporting (IP&R) framework and is designed so that Council and the community both have a clear picture of:
- where we are now and where we want to go (Community Strategic Plan (we call it our City Plan) and Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS))
- how we plan to get there (Delivery Program, Operational Plan, Resourcing Strategy)
- how we will measure our progress (Quarterly, Annual and End of Term Reports)
- how we will know we have arrived (Performance Management Framework)
A suite of informing strategies are being developed to provide an important link between the high level outcomes of the City Plan/LSPS and the delivery program outcomes and objectives.
At the core of our framework is ongoing community engagement to ensure that our aspirations, outcomes and actions represent what the community wants and needs.
The following diagram summarises how we plan for Randwick City's future and ensure that our day to day activities deliver real measurable benefits to the community.
Randwick City Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS)
The Randwick City Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS) provides the framework for land use planning and decision making over the next 20 years.
The LSPS is consistent with the City Plan and outlines our community’s land use vision. It provides clear planning priorities about where housing, jobs, infrastructure and open space should be located; and actions for delivery of these priorities.
The LSPS guides the content of Council’s Local Environmental Plan (LEP) and Development Control Plan (DCP).
City Plan – Community Strategic Plan
The Randwick City Plan defines our community’s vision and sets priorities, strategies and activities that will make this vision a reality. Council is committed to working with the community, key partners and stakeholders to achieve the vision and make Randwick City an even better place to live, work and play.
The City Plan is a long-term plan that was first developed in 2006 and is kept up-to-date by ongoing consultation with the community.
Council is currently working with the community to establish a suite of informing strategies across major areas of community importance including the Environment, Arts and Culture, Economic Development, Transport, Open Space and Recreation and Housing.
These Informing Strategies are based on research and provide an important link between the vision and high level outcomes of the City Plan and the specific actions that will deliver these outcomes.
- Arts and Culture Strategy PDF, 7275.68 KB
- Environment Strategy PDF, 3373.29 KB
- Housing Strategy PDF, 4682.28 KB
- Integrated Transport Strategy PDF, 13144.92 KB
- Open Space and Recreation Strategy PDF, 6697.23 KB
Council is currently preparing new/updated resourcing strategies to explain how we will meet our obligations now and in the future, taking into account customer experience, workforce, finances, technology and assets.
The Resourcing Strategy PDF, 517.67 KB is based around four interlinking plans: the Workforce Plan; the Digital Strategy and Asset Management Strategy.
Together these plans provide a framework for allocating and prioritising resources to create outcomes in the City Plan and to plan our day to day operations.
The Workforce Plan PDF, 1567.26 KB provides us with a framework to employ staff that can achieve our strategic directions, develop innovative solutions and deliver services and programs efficiently.
The Long Term Financial Plan PDF, 2298.33 KB has a ten-year outlook which is updated twice a year. It enables us to better plan and understand our long term financial requirements and adapt to changing financial circumstances.
The Digital Strategy PDF, 794.89 KB provides detail on council’s business systems and technology. It outlines the digital strategy and major project initiatives to help Randwick to become a smart city and Council be a leader in the delivery of services through digital channels.
The Asset Management Strategy PDF, 6686.91 KB sets out how Council will manage its physical assets in a sustainable manner and to adapt for future use. The Asset Management Strategy is divided into five key asset classes. These include:
- Drainage PDF, 3135.41 KB
- Buildings PDF, 6137.74 KB,
- Kerb and Gutter PDF, 2785.84 KB,
- Footpaths PDF, 4234.23 KB,
- Roads PDF, 8705.26 KB
- Open Space PDF, 9845.66 KB
- Retaining Walls PDF, 1992.42 KB
Delivery Program and Operational Plan and Budget
The Delivery Program outlines the work we will undertake over the next four years in response to community aspirations in the City Plan. It outlines our key projects and services and how these will be funded. The current four-year delivery program is located within the City Plan.
The annual Operational Plan & Budget includes specific actions that are budgeted to be completed each financial year. It also provides performance indicators that will be used to measure and determine the effectiveness of the activities.
Financial Statements, Quarterly & Annual Reports
Council updates the community about its progress on specific projects and services every three months in Quarterly Performance Reports and its achievements over the year in its Annual Report. These reports are reported to Council Meetings and published below.
- Annual Report - 2020-21 PDF, 9119.4 KB
- Annual Report - 2019-20 PDF, 7355.29 KB
- Annual Report - 2018-19 PDF, 4550.87 KB
- Annual Report - 2017-18 PDF, 8815.59 KB
- Financial Statements - 2020-21 PDF, 4399.5 KB
- Financial Statements - 2019-20 PDF, 4415.41 KB
- Financial Statements - 2018-19 PDF, 5228.94 KB
- Financial Statements - 2017-18 PDF, 11126.43 KB
- Quarterly Report - September 2021 PDF, 858.11 KB
- Quarterly Report - June 2021 PDF, 823.45 KB
- Quarterly Report - March 2021 PDF, 803.09 KB
- Quarterly Report - December 2020 PDF, 873.92 KB
- Quarterly Report - September 2020 PDF, 878.08 KB
- Quarterly Report - June 2020 PDF, 1537.22 KB
- Quarterly Report - March 2020 PDF, 5579.58 KB
- Quarterly Report - December 2019 PDF, 597.67 KB
- Quarterly Report - September 2019 PDF, 5645.49 KB
- Quarterly Report - June 2019 PDF, 731.71 KB
- Quarterly Report - March 2019 PDF, 735.25 KB
- Quarterly Report - December 2018 PDF, 746.13 KB
- Quarterly Report - September 2018 PDF, 290.25 KB
- Quarterly Report - June 2018 PDF, 290.95 KB
- Quarterly Report - March 2018 PDF, 273.32 KB
- Quarterly Report - October - December 2017 PDF, 305.65 KB
- Quarterly Report - July - September 2017, PDF, 291 KB
- Quarterly Report - April - June 2017 PDF, 274.76 KB
- Quarterly Report - January - March 2017 PDF, 298 KB
As Randwick City Council is the guardian of Randwick City, we need to be accountable for our actions. Council updates the community about its progress on its specific projects and services every three months in Quarterly Performance Reports and its achievements over the year in its Annual Report. In each of these reports we measure our effectiveness through key performance indicators.
Plans of Management
Site Specific Plans of Management (PoMs)
- Chifley Sports Reserve - Part A PDF, 4897.82 KB
- Chifley Sports Reserve - Part B PDF, 3774.11 KB
- Chifley Sports Reserve - Part C PDF, 477.54 KB
- Clovelly Bay PDF, 303.26 KB
- Coogee Beach Foreshore PDF, 3656.32 KB
- Coogee Oval - Part 1 PDF, 1861.25 KB
- Coogee Oval - Part 2 PDF, 3553.31 KB
- Frenchmans Bay PDF, 2162.71 KB
- Gordons Bay - Part 1 PDF, 3450.86 KB
- Gordons Bay - Part 2 PDF, 3233.61 KB
- Heffron Park PDF, 18861.02 KB
- Historic La Perouse - Part 1 PDF, 4114.19 KB
- Historic La Perouse - Part 2 PDF, 3467.03 KB
- Kensington Park PDF, 5987.17 KB
- Latham Park - South Coogee PDF, 2050.33 KB
- Malabar Beach and Foreshore - Part 1 PDF, 2528.07 KB
- Malabar Beach and Foreshore - Part 2 PDF, 2531.36 KB
- Maroubra Beach - Part 1 PDF, 2142.71 KB
- Maroubra Beach - Part 2 PDF, 2172.86 KB
- Pioneers Park - Malabar PDF, 1807.6 KB
- Randwick Environmental Park Plan of Management 2015 PDF, 3553.91 KB
- Randwick Environmental Park Concept Design 2015 PDF, 1443.75 KB
- Randwick Environmental Park - Appendices 2015 PDF, 7352.21 KB
Generic Plans of Management
- Regional Parks PDF, 2053.05 KB
- District Parks PDF, 3615.59 KB
- Civic Parks PDF, 1975.28 KB
- Neighborhood Parks PDF, 2868.09 KB
- Pocket Parks PDF, 3378.6 KB
- Beach and Coastal Reserves PDF, 4874.78 KB
- Remnant Bushland PDF, 3533.79 KB
- Roadside Reserves PDF, 2417.92 KB
Community Centre Plans of Management
Community Engagement Plan
The way that Council consults with our local community is guided by Council's Community Participation Plan.
Randwick City Council recognises the important role that community participation and engagement plays in helping the community have a voice in Council decision-making.
Council recognises and values the insights, skills, knowledge and experience of the local community. These community resources can help Council to understand issues better, involve the community in matters that affect them and ultimately contribute to better decision-making and outcomes.
Local Environmental Plans and Development Control Plans
Randwick City Council does not make its plans for the area in isolation.
In developing a strategy for the future, Randwick City Council takes into consideration other broader plans such as NSW 2021, the 10 year State Plan and the Metropolitan Plan for Sydney 2036, and integrates them with key council documents such as the new Local Environmental Plan.
- Local Strategic Planning Statement
- Randwick Local Environmental Plan
- Randwick Development Control Plan
- s94 Contributions Plan
Previous Integrated Planning and Reporting Documents
- Annual Report 2016-17 PDF, 1838.15 KB
- Annual Report 2015-16 PDF, 3247.1 KB
- Annual Report 2014-15 PDF, 1964.35 KB
- Annual Report 2013-14 PDF, 4389.17 KB
- Annual Report 2012-13 PDF, 3175.98 KB
- Randwick City Plan 2012 PDF, 5007.23 KB
- Randwick City Plan 2009 PDF, 6078.72 KB
- Randwick City Plan 2006 PDF, 2403.85 KB
End of Term Reports
- End of Term Report - 2017 PDF, 3374.2 KB
- State of the City Report - 2017 PDF, 959.38 KB
- State of the Environment Comprehensive Report 2017 PDF, 805.63 KB
- Randwick City Plan Indicators Methodology - 2017 PDF, 337.79 KB
- Statutory Information Report 2016-17 PDF, 592.09 KB
- Budget 2016-17 PDF, 2261.86 KB
- Budget 2015-16 PDF, 2342.91 KB
- Budget 2014-15 PDF, 3278.9 KB
- Budget 2013-14 PDF, 2131.38 KB
- Budget 2012-13 PDF, 233.94 KB
- Budget 2011-12 PDF, 2539.28 KB
- Financial Statements 2015-16 PDF, 5296.51 KB
- Financial Statements 2014-15 PDF, 7736.3 KB
- Financial Statements 2013-14 PDF, 2901.18 KB
- Financial Statements 2012-13 PDF, 9569.9 KB
- Financial Statements 2011-12 PDF, 3266.68 KB
Operational Plans and Budget
- Operational Plan 2020-21 PDF, 8758.65 KB
- Operational Plan 2019-20 PDF, 11133.7 KB
- Operational Plan 2018-19 PDF, 7834.87 KB
- Operational Plan 2017-18 PDF, 3231.98 KB
- Operational Plan 2016-17 PDF, 6894.1 KB
- Operational Plan 2015-16 PDF, 3849.36 KB
- Operational Plan 2014-15 PDF, 5734.1 KB
- Operational Plan 2013-14 PDF, 6301.22 KB
- Operational Plan 2012-13 PDF, 4482.67 KB
- Operational Plan 2011-12 PDF, 6732.52 KB
To view archived planning documents not on the website, please contact Council on 1300 722 542 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Plans, Strategies, Studies and Reports
End of Term Reports
- State of our City Report 2017-21 PDF, 11879.46 KB
- State of the Environment Report 2017-21 PDF, 5488.56 KB
- Community Participation Plan PDF, 209.3 KB
- An Inclusive Randwick City PDF, 5986.85 KB
- Sustaining Our City PDF, 723.03 KB
- Privacy Management Plan PDF, 684.45 KB
- Pesticides Use Notification Plan PDF, 120.41 KB
- A Safer Randwick City PDF, 4493.57 KB
- A Cultural Randwick City PDF, 4005.22 KB
- Randwick Disability Inclusion Action Plan PDF, 1153.71 KB
Strategies and Studies
- Smart City Strategy PDF, 3799.32 KB
- Waste Management Strategy 2017-2030 PDF, 2551.95 KB
- Regional Housing Strategy, Inner East Sydney PDF, 593.74 KB
- Affordable Housing Strategy PDF, 1349.86 KB
- Affordable Rental Housing Program - Program and Procedures PDF, 1426.02 KB
- Community Facilities Study and Plan - November 2003 PDF, 331.51 KB
- Randwick Economic Development Strategy PDF, 2505.23 KB
- Recreational Needs Study PDF, 4007.63 KB
- Celebrating Randwick - An Events Management Strategy PDF, 393.55 KB
- Public Art Strategy PDF, 739.67 KB
- Art & Culture Study PDF, 7962.22 KB