As announced in the NSW Health press conference today (28 Wednesday July), the lockdown has been extended four more weeks until Saturday, 28 August at 12.01am. If you want to read the specifics of the new rules, please refer to the NSW Health website. For Randwick City, the new updates to the rules will mean some changes, but not too many. Here’s a rundown of where Council activities and services stand.
Changes based on today’s announcement:
- Construction is able to start back up in Randwick City in non-occupied settings. Council will be liaising with our contractors to discuss which projects can begin again, based on this new rule. These decisions will look at tradesperson availability and safety, as well as the implementation of COVID-safety plans.
- For Randwick City Council residents, trades people, including cleaners who are able to work with zero contact with residents are allowed to begin again, as long as there are no more than two people inside and five outside on any one job. If contactless arrangements are not possible, work cannot go ahead.
- Singles living in Randwick City, are now permitted to create a bubble with one other friend or family member. This allows people who live alone to nominate one designated family member or friend to visit for companionship.
Services closures or changes that will continue for the coming extended lockdown period:
- Our libraries, Customer Service Centre, Recycling Centre, Community Nursery, Des Renford Leisure Centre, La Perouse Museum, halls and community centres will continue to remain closed for the four week extended lockdown period.
- Our customer service team will still be taking phone calls and emails during this time. Please email Council@randwick.nsw.gov.au if you have any questions.
- Please note, that although our libraries are closed, there are a lot of online activities taking please. Please get involved by viewing the calendar of events here.
- Unfortunately, DRLC is closed and we know many people are missing our gym and pools. Our staff are working hard to provide fitness sessions online through the Des Renford Facebook page.