Randwick residents will be able to farewell the year in a celebratory manner after Randwick Council confirmed that the popular 9pm fireworks will proceed as planned on Friday 31 December 2021.
For full details of the event, please visit this page.
The 20-minute fireworks display is scheduled for the family-friendly time of 9pm and will include roving entertainment and music throughout the afternoon and evening.
“We’re so pleased that we can offer people the chance to end a challenging year on such a high note,” says Randwick Mayor Dylan Parker. “This is one of Coogee’s signature outdoor events. People come from all around to witness the incredible display while soaking up the relaxing coastal atmosphere, so it truly is an honour for Council to be able to provide this New Year’s event for locals and visitors alike.”
Road closures and special event clearways will be implemented from midday 31 December, so attendees are encouraged to walk, use public transport or ride share services to attend the celebrations. Road closures will be listed on Council’s website. For real-time traffic conditions visit livetraffic.com.
There will be multiple vantage points to view the fireworks around Coogee, including:
- Goldstein Reserve, Coogee
- Coogee Beach
- Grant Reserve & Trenerry Reserve
- Clovelly Beach car park
- Burrows Park headland
- Local restaurants and hotels: many local establishments host excellent New Year’s Eve events within sight of the fireworks
- Please note there will be a fenced fireworks exclusion zone on Dunningham Reserve headland.
Tips for Coogee Sparkles:
- This event is popular, so arrive early to secure a spot.
- Parking is very limited. Please walk or use public transport or ride share services (drop off/collection points will be advertised on Council’s website).
- Glass, dogs, smoking and alcohol are banned on Coogee Beach.
- Please dispose of your rubbish responsibly or take your rubbish with you when you leave.
The event will be produced under the Public Health Orders in place at the time of the event. Please check Council’s social media accounts or visit randwick.nsw.gov.au/sparkles for any updates in the lead up to and on the day.Back to top