Coral Sea Park in Maroubra is soon to receive a major upgrade and resident feedback is being sought to provide comments on the plans, which are currently available to view until Wednesday 29 September.
The plans have been developed with input from the Maroubra United Soccer Club along with other local clubs and schools who use the park.
The proposed changes will reconfigure existing field layouts and see construction of a new synthetic playing field which will provide an estimated 2,000 extra hours of play time per year.
Proposed work includes:
- New state-of-the-art synthetic sports field to allow for an additional 2,000 hours of play, with minifield markings for juniors and able to be played on all year round.
- Redesign of the overall park to allow for larger fields to enhance the player experience and meet Football NSW Guidelines.
- Upgrading lights to allow for safer play and additional spaces to be floodlit in winter.
- New cricket nets, moved to a new location.
- Existing half basketball courts will be unaffected and remain in their current location.
To learn more about the project or to view the upgrade masterplan and 3D artist renders, please head here: www.yoursay.randwick.nsw.gov.au/coralseaupgrade.Back to top