The best of the best businesses in Randwick City were recognised tonight 23 October 2019, at a gala dinner presented by Randwick City Council and Precedent Productions at Royal Randwick Racecourse.
In front of a packed crowd, Randwick Mayor Danny Said presented the prestigious Business of the Year Award to Let’s Go Surfing.
The Maroubra-based business started out of the back of a Kombi van in 1995 as a way of encouraging more women to take up surfing. Since then they have expanded and helped thousands of people from all over the world learn to surf and, in the process, enhanced local tourism and economic activity.
The keenly contested Café of the Year category was taken out by the recently reopened The Boatshed La Perouse, which features absolute waterfront dining.
Club/Pub of the Year was won by Merivale’s Coogee Pavilion, Restaurant of the Year was taken out by Del Punto in The Spot, Randwick offering diners a little taste of Barcelona, while the Best Coffee Award was won by The Shed Café in Royal Randwick Shopping Centre.
The hotly contested Best Hairdresser was taken out by Phoenix Hair Design in Matraville and Best Real Estate Agency was won by Century 21 Eastern Beaches Maroubra.
Randwick Mayor Danny Said praised all the winners and finalists for their contribution to the Randwick City sense of community.
“Our businesses are so important to our local economy and sense of place within our town centres. It’s competitive business being a business in Randwick City and they all work incredibly hard for our community.
“This year we received a staggering 9,915 votes from the public to help select our 250 finalists. From there a team of independent judges narrowed the field down to 27 category winners. Congratulations to all winners and finalists.”
The Awards are proudly sponsored by major sponsors Nova Employment and support sponsors Service NSW, Royal Randwick Shopping Centre and Walsh’s Village Pharmacy South Maroubra.
Randwick City 2019 Business Excellence Awards Winners
- Accommodation Adina Apartment Hotel, Coogee
- Bakery/Cake Shop The Sweet Spot Patisserie, Randwick
- Beauty Services Evolution Laser - Royal Randwick Shopping Centre, Randwick
- Butcher/Delicatessen/Seafood The Fish Market, Maroubra
- Cafe The Boatshed La Perouse
- Club/Pub Coogee Pavilion
- Early Childhood Centre Blue Gum Cottage Children's Centre, Chifley
- Fashion Shop Thyme, Clovelly
- Fast Food/Takeaway BIG BUNZ, Malabar
- Fitness GYM 115, Randwick
- Florist Mary K Floral Design Pacific Square, Maroubra
- Fruit & Vegetable Shop Harris Farm Markets Royal Randwick Shopping Centre
- General Retail Business Driftwood Living, Little Bay
- Hairdresser Phoenix Hair Design, Matraville
- Health Full Face Orthodontics, Randwick
- Most inclusive employer Neuroscience Research Australia, Randwick
- New Business Diamond Kidz, Matraville
- Pharmacy Little Bay Pharmacy
- Professional Services My Finance Agent, Kingsford
- Real Estate Agency Century 21 Eastern Beaches Maroubra
- Repairs/Service & Trade 2020 Fire Protection, Matraville
- Restaurant Del Punto, Randwick
- Sole Trader Nutty Professor Science for Kids, Coogee
- Tourist Services Let's Go Surfing - Maroubra
- Travel I Love Cruising with Kelly, Maroubra
- Youth Award Max Agapitos, Agspire Kids Fitness, Maroubra
- Business of the Year Let's Go Surfing - Maroubra
- Best Coffee Award The Shed Café, Royal Randwick Shopping Centre
The Randwick City Business Excellence Awards are held every two years by Randwick Council and run by an independent organisation Precedent Productions. Award finalists are selected based upon nominations and public voting with the winners chosen by a team of judges who anonymously visit the businesses.
Jillian Lewis – 9093 6619 or email@example.com
Joshua Hay – 0402 351 459 or firstname.lastname@example.org