Randwick City Council and NSW Police will once again join forces to ensure Christmas, New Year and Australia Day celebrations remain safe and family-friendly at all coastal locations this festive season.
Consuming alcohol at all beachside parks and reserves in Randwick City will be prohibited on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day and Australia Day.
The decision was made at a Council meeting on Tuesday 11 December in response to a request from NSW Police following a drunken beach party of 3,000 backpackers at Little Bay Beach on Christmas Day 2017 and another that took place at Goldstein Reserve, Coogee on Christmas Day 2016.
Dates of alcohol restrictions:
- 8pm Christmas Eve to 6am 27 Dec 2018
- 8pm 30 Dec 2018 to 6am 2 Jan 2019
- 8pm 25 Jan to 6am 27 Jan 2019
Please note alcohol is already prohibited on all eastern suburbs beaches. In addition to these, alcohol is prohibited at:
- All Coogee beachside parks (permanent ban)
- Burrows Park, Clovelly
- Bundock Park, Clovelly
- Gordon’s Bay Reserve, Clovelly
- Jack Vanny Reserve, Maroubra
- Arthur Byrne Reserve, Maroubra
- Cromwell Park, Malabar
- Yarra Recreation Reserve, La Perouse
People are advised to check local signage for restrictions.Back to top