- Position number
- Closing date
- Wednesday 03 June
- $91,887 to $101,103 pa + 9.5% super
- Permanent full-time – 35 hours per week
- Vibrant and innovative eastern suburbs Council
- Generous professional development opportunities
- Good work/life balance with 9-day fortnight
It’s a great time to join our Information Management and Technology business unit as we look to expand our high performing team.
In addition to our rewarding work, we offer great employee benefits including competitive salaries, flexible working hours, participation in a 9 day fortnight, additional leave entitlements, health and wellbeing days, innovative development opportunities, option to novate lease a private vehicle, a beautiful eastern beaches location and much more.
What we value
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. This culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
Things you will do
As a senior member of the Service Management Team, you will provide high-level support to customers to achieve their outcomes, and through work that occurs in the background, ensure the technology provided can be used with confidence.
If you are looking for a new opportunity to apply your skills while working with a strong team, please submit your application addressing the following essential criteria:
- A tertiary degree and/or extensive practical experience in Information Technology or a related discipline.
- Experience in the support of standard operating environments across their lifecycle, including managing change to standard operating environments such as deployment of new applications.
- Comprehensive understanding of asset management, application packaging, and deployment technologies for both desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
- Experience in configuring desktop applications to meet customer needs in a repeatable and verifiable manner.
- An understanding of security principles as applied to end user computing environments, and experience in the design and implementation of appropriate controls to ensure security of end user devices.
- Demonstrated understanding of ITIL processes including Change Management, Release Management, Incident Management and Problem Management.
- Extensive experience in acting as a point of escalation for less experienced staff to provide assistance and mentoring to resolve incidents and problems.
- An understanding of computer and smartphone hardware.
- Customer service skills including the ability to clearly convey technical ideas and concepts to non-technical staff.
- Ability to work with members of both own team and other teams to deliver joined up services.
- Demonstrated ability to research and identify solutions to complex problems.
View the position description or contact Andrew Burgess, Coordinator Technology Support, on 02 9093 6583.
To be considered for this role you will need to address all the Essential Criteria (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) contained in the Position Description.
Employment in this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal History Check with a result of no relevant adverse findings.