- Position number
- Closing date
- Wednesday 28 October
- $93,266 - $102,619 per annum + 9.5% superannuation
- Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
- Friendly team environment
- Great work/life balance with a day off every fortnight
- Vibrant eastern suburbs location
We are currently seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Senior Strategic Planner to join our Strategic Planning department. Our new team member will be required to research, prepare, implement, monitor and review Council plans, policies and guidelines to ensure that there is an up to date, efficient and cutting-edge strategic planning framework for the City.
What we value
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. Our culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
What you will bring
- Well developed research and analysis skills
- Ability to manage a wide range of projects
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Experience in communication consultation and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Sound knowledge of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979 and relevant planning legislation
- A minimum of 5 years planning work experience
- Tertiary qualification in planning or related field
- Class C Drivers Licence
Things you will do
- Undertake research and analysis on a range of strategic planning issues
- Prepare planning instruments, strategies, plans, policies and guidelines
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary teams within Council when preparing, reviewing and implementing plans
- Prepare timely and accurate reports and brief Councillors, Council staff and community groups
- Represent Council on working parties, committees and public meetings
- Provide high quality, accurate and timely advice to City Planning customers
- Act as a duty planner on a rostered basis at Council’s Customer Service Centre and review planning certificates
- Respond to correspondence, enquiries and complaints
View the position description or contact Elena Sliogeris, Coordinator Strategic Planning, on 02 9093 6961.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this role.