- Position number
- Closing date
- Wednesday 26 February
- $60,957 - $67,051 p.a. plus 9.5% super
- Permanent full-time (38 hours per week)
- Good work/life balance
- Join an innovative and creative team
- Strong investment in career development
The Des Renford Leisure Centre is seeking an experienced Cert III/IV Fitness Professional to help drive the Gym and Aerobics program to its full potential. You will have experience in the gym environment as well as training clients, be customer service focused, self-motivated with concentration on quality and willing to get your ‘hands dirty’ when required. This role will be responsible for the day to day supervision of the gym and aerobics program, provide leadership to casual staff, assist members with consultations and program design, support the sales team, and ensure we are regarded as a quality fitness facility within the community.
The role provides a stimulating and challenging work environment and a strong platform for career development. This is an excellent opportunity to have immediate input into the success of the Gym and Aerobics areas. The successful applicant will actively join a diverse team and be an advocate for operational excellence within the local community.
What we value:
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. This culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
You will bring:
- Previous experience as a qualified Fitness Instructor at a Fitness Centre.
- Certificate III & IV in Fitness or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service both technically and socially.
- Previous experience in membership sales.
- High level communication, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Work Health and Safety and quality and environmental requirements relating to the fitness industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and productively within an organisation and build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates.
- Class C Drivers licence.
- NSW Working with Children Clearance, as per the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act.
View the position description PDF, 102.5 KB or contact Duncan Rennie, Manager Public Safety & Aquatic Services, on (02) 9093 6326
Applicants must include a statement outlining how they meet the essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description to be considered for the position.