- Position number
- Closing date
- Wednesday 19 February
- $91,887.81 to $101,103.06 per annum +9.5% super + leaseback vehicle+ negotiable market loading depending on skills and experience
- Permanent full-time (70 hour fortnight)
- Vibrant projects in the evolving eastern suburbs
- Good work/life balance with a 9 day fortnight
- Friendly team environment committed to professional development
Randwick City Council is an innovative and progressive local government committed to serving our vibrant community on the eastern beaches of Sydney. We are currently seeking a suitably experienced and qualified senior planning professional to join the Development Assessment team.
What we value
We have a high performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. This culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring
If you are seeking a new opportunity to apply your skills whilst working in a strong team, please submit your application ensuring that you address following essential criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications, at degree level, in planning, architecture or urban design, or a related field.
- Extensive experience in development assessment services or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated understanding of heritage conservation and urban design.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels and to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships.
- Sound knowledge of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and other relevant environmental and planning legislation.
- A current Class C driver’s licence.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and understanding of computerised property and applications tracking and information systems.
- Demonstrated high quality report writing skills.
- A commitment to providing quality customer services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to EEO, WH&S and the principles for a culturally diverse society.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics, probity and transparency in decision making.
Things you will do
The successful candidate will enjoy the challenge of negotiating, managing, and assessing a caseload of diverse applications including major developments, concept approvals and a wide range of commercial, industrial, open space, housing and subdivision applications.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this role.
View the position description PDF, 226.34 KBor contact Andrea Halcro, Personal Assistant to the Manager Development Assessment, on 02 9093 6684.