- Position number
- Closing date
- Wednesday 23 June
- $93,266 - $102,619 p.a. + 9.5% super + 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance + leaseback vehicle/allowance
- Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
- Feel challenged and accomplished at work
- Supportive work culture where professional development is encouraged
- Good work/life balance with a 9 day fortnight
Randwick City Council is an innovative and leading local government organisation committed to serving our vibrant community on the beautiful eastern beaches of Sydney. We are actively seeking a Civil Engineer who has strong knowledge of a range of civil engineering disciplines to provide strategic assistance with special projects.
As Project Engineer you will undertake research and development to deliver services and address community requests. The position will engage specialist support and work with internal and external customers. You will undertake various technical investigations and manage project works such as managing specialist consultants to undertake special projects. Projects may include heritage retaining walls, ocean structures, geotechnical assessment and other remediation of Council’s assets.
What we value
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. Our culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring:
- Completed a Civil Engineering degree or equivalent extensive experience in civil investigation and project management.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to utilise AutoCAD to undertake engineering design.
- Experience in scoping of projects, briefing and managing consultants.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to effectively maintain corporate records.
- Understanding of Local Government policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly developed written and reporting skills.
- A Class C driver’s license.
Things you will do:
- Investigate and propose solutions to issues related to roads, drainage and other Council owned assets.
- Make informed technical decisions in the delivery of special projects to ensure compliance with Council specifications, policy and industry standards.
- Manage special projects including public lighting, land matters (roads), coastal management, geotechnical matters, research and development of products / solutions.
- Research and prepare contracts, tenders and specifications for external consultants and service agreements to ensure the delivery of a cost-effective service.
- Supervise and administer the operation of contracted works to ensure compliance with Australian and Industry Standards and specifications.
- Manage the day to day operations of contractors and consultants to ensure project constraints, cost, time and quality are controlled and monitored effectively.
- Undertake extensive communication with key Council stakeholders, including but not limited to other arms of Council’s operations, contractors, public authorities and suppliers to negotiate for the best possible arrangements and outcomes for Council.
- Ensure assets handover to Council are in good quality and the appropriate asset data are collected and stored in Council’s asset management system.
- Assist with projects allocated to Engineering Services as required.
- Ensure compliance with legislative, industrial and Council policy requirements and standards in the area of Equal Employment Opportunity and Work Health & Safety.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the selection criteria listed in the position description to be considered for this role.