- Position number
- Closing date
- Wednesday 26 February
- $60,957.70 - $67,051.43 per annum+ 9.5% superannuation
- Permanent full-time (38 hours per week)
- Good work/life balance with a 9-day fortnight
- Vibrant and innovative eastern suburbs Council
- Outdoor work environment
Randwick City Council is an innovative and leading local government organisation committed to serving our vibrant community on the beautiful eastern beaches of Sydney.
We are currently seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidate to join the Ranger Services team!
The role of Parking Patrol Officer is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective parking patrol and other regulatory and enforcement activities, in accordance with relevant legislation, Council policies, procedures and work practices. A high level of customer service is required to patrol designated areas, undertake regulatory action and issue penalty infringements. The successful candidate will also contribute to the effective and efficient operation of the department and organisation and achievement of relevant objectives, plans and targets.
What we value
We have a high performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. This culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Decision making skills
- Ability to work in a team based environment
- Knowledge or experience in regulatory services
Things you will do
- Undertake parking patrols and other regulatory activities
- Assess compliance with regulations and take appropriate enforcement action
- Issue penalty notices, directions or other regulatory action
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the NSW Road Rules
- Investigate and resolve parking/road related customer action requests
- Interact and communicate with customers and the community in an effective and professional manner
- Prepare statements of evidence
- Prepare and maintain contemporaneous notes and reports detailing patrols, activities and actions relating to patrols and enforcement activities.
Employment in this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal History Check with a result of no relevant adverse findings.
View the position description online or contact Lis Buchanan, Administrative Officer, on 02 9093 6618.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential and desirable criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this role.