- Position number
- Closing date
- Wednesday 23 January
- $33.37 - $36.69 per hour + 9.5% super + applicable allowances
- Multiple casual positions available
- Good work/life balance
- Coastal Council in the eastern suburbs
- Based from the works depot in Maroubra
Randwick City Council is an innovative and progressive local government committed to serving our vibrant community on the eastern beaches of Sydney. Applications are sought from experienced, energetic and customer focused candidates to join the Waste and Cleaning Services department in a casual capacity.
Working in a team these positions will be required to undertake waste maintenance activities throughout the local area including in the local town centres, on the beaches, and other public places. Additionally shifts may include work on the residential, green and trade waste services. A commitment to workplace safety is fundamental as well as providing superior customer service to promote a positive image of Council.
Possession of a current HR or MR Class driver’s licence will be considered advantageous for your application, however, the following criteria is considered essential;
- Ability to work in a flexible manner.
- School Certificate, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in dealing with members of the public.
- Class C drivers licence.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Be self-motivated and show initiative in the delegated areas of responsibility.
- A willingness to comply with all Council’s policies and procedures.
- A current WHS General Construction Induction (White) card.
To meet the operational requirements of the community applicants must be flexible. The department operates 7 days a week with shifts starting from 4am through until 10pm, with seasonal variations to start and finish times during the year.