- Position number
- Closing date
- Wednesday 29 September
- $114,999 - $126,514 pa + 10% super + leaseback vehicle or $8,580 pa sustainability allowance
- Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
- Feel challenged and accomplished at work
- Enjoy a flexible work environment
- Choose a leaseback vehicle or sustainability allowance
Are you an experienced and enthusiastic senior planner looking for an opportunity to expand your skills while being part of a high performing team? If so, Randwick City Council’s Development Assessment department have an exciting opportunity for someone who can assess major development applications, coordinate special projects, and be relied on for support and expertise.
What we value:
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. Our culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
What you will bring:
- Tertiary qualification at degree level
- Extensive experience and expertise in development assessment
- Team leadership skills
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills
- Highly developed oral and written communication and report writing skills
- Excellent in time management
Things you will do:
- Provide high level management and problem-solving support to the Manager Development Assessment and Director of City Planning
- Coordinate and manage special projects including developing and overseeing the implementation of system improvements, budget reporting and strategic planning policy
- Effectively organise, lead, and manage a multi-disciplined team
- Ensure all development assessment reports presented for determination under delegated authority and Randwick Local Planning Panel cover all relevant heads of consideration and meet best practice standards
- Assess and effectively manage a case load of major development applications
- Provide clear and consistent advice to internal and external stakeholders
Employment in this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal History Check with a result of no relevant adverse findings.
View the position description or contact Andrea Halcro, Personal Assistant to Manager Development Assessment, on 02 9093 6684.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this role.