- Position number
- F2019/ 00158
- Closing date
- Wednesday 20 February
- $79,133 to $87,058 pa + negotiable market loading depending on skills and experience + 9.5% super
- Permanent full-time - 35 hours per week
- Vibrant projects in the evolving eastern suburbs
- Good work/life balance with a 9 day fortnight
- Friendly team environment committed to professional development
Randwick City Council is an innovative and progressive local government committed to serving our vibrant community on the eastern beaches of Sydney. We are currently seeking a qualified and experienced planning professional to join the Development Assessment team.
The successful candidate will enjoy the challenge of negotiating, managing, and assessing a caseload of diverse applications including major developments, concept approvals and a wide range of commercial, industrial, open space, housing and subdivision applications.
If you are looking for a new opportunity to apply your skills whilst working with a strong team, please submit your application addressing the following essential criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications, at degree level, in planning, architecture or urban design, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in development assessment services or a related discipline.
- Sound knowledge of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and other relevant environmental and planning legislation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels and to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and understanding of computerised property and applications tracking and information systems.
- Demonstrated high quality report writing skills.
- A commitment to providing quality customer services.
- Demonstrated commitment to EEO, WH&S and the principles for a culturally diverse society.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics, probity and transparency in decision making.
- A current Class C driver’s licence.