- Position number
- Closing date
- Wednesday 03 June
- $77,237 – $84,945 pa pro-rata + 9.5% super
- Fixed term full-time – (Maternity leave relief 12 months) - 70 hour fortnight
- Vibrant eastern suburbs location
- Create a sense of community
- Work life balance - 9 day fortnight
Do you have a passion to work as a member of a child care team, and specifically lead the small team of staff within the Preschool and provide a high quality childcare service for up to 39 children from 0-5 years of age? With a particular emphasis on educational programs and to support and deputise for the Coordinator?
Randwick City Council is an innovative and progressive local government organisation committed to serving our vibrant community on the beautiful eastern beaches of Sydney.
We are seeking an experienced and committed Early Childhood Teacher with exceptional communication skills who can lead a small team to advocate and implement an anti-bias approach in all interactions with families, children, staff and community visitors. The Early Childhood Teacher will facilitate an open, supportive team environment to implement a challenging program for all children and assures parents that the Centre is providing a high-quality service.
What we value
We have a high performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. This culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring:
- Early Childhood teaching experience with children 0-5 years in Centre Based Children’s Services
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Supervision experience
- Time management
- Current industry knowledge
Things you will do:
- Deliver emergent curriculum practices and educational program
- Provide families with a high level of customer service and high quality care.
- Lead and motivate a high-performing team, providing advice, support and professional development
- Plan, implement, document and evaluate reflective and educational programs for children, aged 0-5 years, to ensure individual interests, needs and strengths are met
- Ensure the safety of our children, providing them with a secure, caring and developmental environment
- Report all accidents, incidents and hazards to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Team performance targets are achieved.
If you have excellent communication, documentation skills and have the ability to be a functional member of a team, assist in creating a warm, encouraging learning environment for all children, understand health and safety issues and children’s services regulations then we would like to hear from you.
View the position description or contact Ada Chin, Coordinator Moverly Children’s Centre, on 02 9093 6150.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this role.