- Position number
- Closing date
- Wednesday 23 June
- $93,266-$102,619 p.a. + 9.5% super + 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance + leaseback vehicle/allowance
- Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
- Commitment to training and professional development
- Friendly team environment in coastal location
- Good work/life balance with a 9-day fortnight
Randwick City Council is an innovative and leading local government organisation committed to serving our vibrant community on the beautiful eastern beaches of Sydney. As an employer, Randwick City Council offers benefits including ongoing professional development, fitness and wellbeing programs and more.
Our Technical Services department is currently seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Drainage Engineer to strategically plan and manage Council’s drainage network.
The role involves carrying out investigations, catchment studies and develop mitigation plans. Developing and implementing the drainage Capital Works program including design and project management along with providing advice to internal and external customers on drainage and flooding is a part of the responsibilities of this position.
What we value
We have a high performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. This culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring
- Tertiary Degree in Civil Engineering and/or equivalent experience.
- A Class “C” driver’s licence.
- Demonstrated experience in drainage analysis and design utilising various computer software programs including Autocad, Drains and ArcMap or other GIS software.
- Experience with modelling software such as HEC-RAS, Mike Storm, Mike View, TuFlow and Music.
- Experience in the implementation of the NSW Floodplain Development Manual, including management of Studies, process, funding and overseeing consultants.
- Experience in leading the delivery of drainage objectives and mentoring staff in drainage and flooding projects.
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Writing reports and formal correspondence.
- Experience in preparing funding applications to secure grant funding.
- High level written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate and liaise effectively with community representatives.
Things you will do
- Work in conjunction with the asset management team to improve the quality of Council’s drainage network data and to determine asset maintenance and renewal priorities.
- Prepare design documentation, specifications and contract documents for drainage projects.
- Manage the implementation of the process outlined in the NSW Government’s Floodplain Development Manual through the completion of Flood Studies and Risk Management Studies and Plans.
- Prepare grant applications for flood studies and environmental projects, and administer grants including financial reporting, management of claims and acquittals.
- Provide quality service to customers, including timely replies to residents, correspondence, telephone calls and counter enquiries.
- Liaise with the community and Council’s staff in relation to drainage issues and to investigate and provide advice in line with strategies, policies and best practice.
View the position description or contact Peter Cormican, Coordinator Engineering Services on 02 9093 6906.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the selection criteria listed in the position description to be considered for this position.