- Position number
- Closing date
- Wednesday 29 September
- $71,989 - $79,190 + 10% super
- Permanent full-time (70 hour fortnight)
- Friendly team environment committed to professional development
- Vibrant projects in the evolving eastern suburbs
- Good work/life balance with a 9-day fortnight
Do you have a passion for providing exceptional customer service? Are you are seeking a new opportunity to apply your planning and building related knowledge whilst working in a strong team?
Randwick City Council is an innovative and progressive local government committed to serving our vibrant community on the eastern beaches of Sydney.
We are currently seeking a Customer Service Planning and Development Officer who can meet the challenges of a busy eastern suburbs Council. You will be required to provide a professional point of first contact for face to face enquiries for all planning and building related matters. You will also be responsible for providing technical and administrative services to support the effective functioning of the Customer Service Centre and Development Assessment teams.
What we value
We have a high performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. This culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring:
- Commitment to providing excellent Customer Service;
- Interpersonal skills
- Organisation skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Decision making
- Attention to detail
Things you will do:
- Provide information in an efficient and courteous way regarding planning and building related matters.
- Check applications submitted for lodgement and authorise acceptance of applications where complete.
- Provide details to customers regarding further information required to make applications complete.
- Assist with the assessment of development applications, section 4.55 applications and section 8.2A reviews in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Provide technical and administrative services to support the effective functioning of the Customer Service Centre and Development Assessment team.
- Acquire, interpret and maintain a working knowledge of planning and building related policies, services and activities.
- Resolve or refer complaints from customers with courtesy and sensitivity.
- Contribute positively to the effective operation of the department.
View the position description or contact Tony Ristevski, Coordinator Development Assessment, on 02 9093 6822.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this role.