- Position number
- Closing date
- Wednesday 19 February
- $73,593.04 – 80,962.52 per annum pro-rata + 9.5% superannuation
- Temporary part-time until April 2021 (3 days per week – Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) with a possibility of work up to 5 days per week
- Good work/life balance with a 9-day fortnight
- Fast paced and dynamic department
- Job share opportunity
Randwick City Council is an innovative and leading local government organisation committed to serving our vibrant community on the beautiful eastern beaches of Sydney. Our Development Assessment department is currently seeking applications from experienced administration professionals to join the team on a part-time job share basis.
What we value
We have a high performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. This culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring
The successful candidate will bring strong administration abilities, superior customer service skills and a sound understanding of local government. The criteria for this role are:
- Tertiary qualifications in Office Administration, or equivalent experience in secretarial studies, and/or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated practical experience in local government environmental health, building and/or development assessment customer service or administration.
- Knowledge and experience in the operation of Pathway software.
- Word processing skills to 50 words per minute.
- Ability to effectively carry out a wide range of multi-skilled environmental health, building control, building certification, development assessment and planning customer service and administration duties.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and understanding of computerised property and related information systems.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organise, coordinate and manage workloads and a number of concurrent tasks.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing quality customer services.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment under tight time constraints to achieve departmental and organisation goals.
- Commitment to EEO, WH&S and the principles for a culturally diverse society.
- Commitment to ethics, probity and transparency in decision making.
- Knowledge and experience in Pathway and TRIM.
- Knowledge of local government environmental health, building and development requirements and legislations.
Things you will do
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing an effective and efficient administration support function to managers and teams within the fast paced department. Additionally the successful applicant will be required to be a professional first point of contact for external customers and promote the image of Council as efficient, courteous and customer focused.
If you are looking for a new opportunity to apply your skills whilst working with a strong team, please submit your application.
View the position description below or call Andrea Halcro, Personal Assistant to Manager Development Assessment, on 02 9093 6684.
Please submit your current resume and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages). Your cover letter should outline the relevant skills and experience you can bring to this position and how they address the essential and desirable criteria for the role.