- Position number
- Closing date
- Wednesday 08 December
- Remuneration will be commensurate with experience + $10% super + leaseback vehicle or sustainability allowance
- Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
- Vibrant projects in the evolving eastern suburbs
- Good work/life balance with a 9-day fortnight
- Friendly team environment committed to professional development
Randwick City Council is an innovative and progressive local government committed to serving our vibrant community on the eastern beaches of Sydney. Our Development Assessment department are seeking a suitably dynamic, enthusiastic and qualified senior planner to lead the Major Assessments team.
The successful candidate will effectively organise, lead and motivate a multi-disciplined team of professionals who assess and determine over 700 development applications per year, ensuring that new and existing development is managed by a robust framework. The diverse caseload range from major developments, concept approvals and a wide range of commercial, industrial, open space, housing and subdivision applications.
In addition to rewarding and challenging work, we offer great employee benefits including flexible work locations and hours including work from home and a 9-day fortnight, competitive salaries, additional leave entitlements, health and wellbeing days, professional development opportunities, option to novate lease a private vehicle and much more.
If you are passionate about development assessment, have strong leadership skills and want to be part of our team, then we would love to hear from you!
What we value
We value equity and diversity as Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. This culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring:
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Decision making skills
- Planning and organisation skills
- Influencing skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Experience in the environmental planning process
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
Things you will do:
- Provide leadership, development and support for the team.
- Motivate employees and ensure that the team effectively manages its caseload of applications.
- Improve the quality and timeliness of the development assessment process.
- Organise mediation with applicants and objectors to achieve satisfactory outcomes.
- Provide clear and consistent advice on policy and development assessment matters.
- Ensure that the decision making process for development related applications is robust and rigorous.
- Prepare reports and correspondence that meets best practice standards.
Employment in this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal History Check with a result of no relevant adverse findings.
View the position description or contact Andrea Halcro, Personal Assistant to the Manager Development Assessment, on 02 9093 6684.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this role.