- Position number
- Closing date
- Wednesday 28 August
- $44.43 per hour + weekend loadings + 9.5% super
- Do you enjoy the outdoor environment and interacting with the community?
- The opportunity to make a difference.
- Join an innovative and vibrant Eastern Suburbs Council.
We are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic Casual Beach Lifeguards to join our team for the September 2019/April 2020 beach season.
These positions will involve establishing and maintaining a safe recreational environment and provide an effective lifesaving service on our beaches.
You will make informed decisions that involve critical incidents and the interpretation of natural conditions and weather, be able to communicate effectively with the public and control large numbers of people in a manner to ensure compliance with beach regulations and to enhance the service image of Council.
You must possess the following essential licences, certificates and experience:
- NSW Waterways PWC Licence.
- Bronze Medallion (Surf) and/or Certificate II in public safety (Aquatic Rescue).
- Class C Drivers Licence.
- Advanced Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate.
- Senior First Aid Certificate.
- Spinal Management Certificate.
- Defibrillation Certificate.
- Experience and proficiency in surf lifesaving or professional life guarding; and experience and knowledge of open surf beaches in a wide range of conditions.
- High level of physical fitness and health.
- Demonstrated ability and successful experience in working as part of a team.
- High level interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills with a diverse range of people and groups.
This position involves working with children. As per the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012, a Working with Children Check identity number with clearance will be required for an application to be considered for this position. For more information visit http://www.kids.nsw.gov.au/