- Position number
- Closing date
- Wednesday 16 June
- $95,131 - $104,671 + 10% super effective 1 July 2021 Award and SGC increase
- Full-time for a maximum fixed term of up to 1 year (35 hours per week) to 30 June 2022
- Join an innovative and creative team with a strong culture
- Commitment to training and professional development
- Good work/life balance
Randwick City Council is an innovative and leading local government organisation committed to serving our vibrant community on the beautiful eastern beaches of Sydney. As an employer, Randwick City Council offers benefits including ongoing professional development, fitness and wellbeing programs and more.
Council’s IT systems are based on a hybrid cloud/datacentre approach. Council uses Azure, O365, VMWare, Veeam, SQL Server and Windows Server, running over a Cisco based network and a variety of remote working solutions. Telephony is Cisco but is transitioning to Microsoft Teams.
Council’s enterprise applications include TechnologyOne Financials, Pathway Property and Rating, Microfocus Content Manager/TRIM, Ceridian Dayforce for human resource management and several departmental specific solutions for libraries, leisure centres, retail operations and childcare.
The ideal candidate would have a broad knowledge of servers and applications, with a particular ability to quickly become familiar with application administration activities in the enterprise core applications. Initially under guidance they would be able to take on a caseload of application administration activities and improvements. An understanding of databases and integrations between systems would also be an advantage.
What we value
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. Our culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
Things you will do across our lifecycle:
- Service Design – the design of new and upgraded applications and infrastructure to support customer requirements, while complying with standards and delivered in a sustainable manner.
- Service Transition - transitioning new and changed services into live Council service operation including change enablement, deployment, issues management and customer support.
- Service Operation - The management of the day-to-day operation of the IM&T services for assigned caseload and applications, including identification of opportunities for improvement.
The successful applicant will require:
- Experience working in an application, networking, or server infrastructure environment at an organisational level.
- Experience in application lifecycle management activities including implementation, configuration, operation, maintenance, optimisation, upgrade and transition out of use for business applications.
- Experience in service transition activities including change, release, and deployment.
- Ability to manage a caseload of operational support within agreed service levels, including incident management, problem management, and service request management.
- Experience in liaising with stakeholders, providing advice support in the use of applications.
- Experience in consulting and sharing information with customers and technical staff, sharing own expertise and work collaboratively to achieve Council outcomes.
- Demonstrated analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
- Emotional intelligence and a proven ability to work collaboratively and foster effective strategic relationships with people at all levels both internally and externally.
Employment in this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal History Check with a result of no relevant adverse findings.
View the position description or contact Ninos Khamo, Coordinator Applications Management, on 02 9093 6523.
NOTE: Applicants should include two documents in their application, (1) a recent resume and (2) a statement of no more than two pages demonstrating how they meet the essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for the position. Note it is not necessary to provide a detailed response to each selection criteria.