- Position number
- Closing date
- Thursday 02 December
- $95,131 - $104,672 pa pro rata plus 10% superannuation
- Position 1: Fixed Term 12 Month position (35 hours per week) Position 2: Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
- Join an innovative and creative team
- Commitment to training and professional development
- Good work/life balance
Council’s IT systems are based on a hybrid cloud/datacentre approach as we transition to a pure cloud environment.
We make extensive use of Microsoft technology including APIM and Logic Apps, Synapse Data Warehouse, Datafactory ETL tools, PowerAutomate, PowerBI, Office 365, Sharepoint Online, and Teams Telephony. There is a strong emphasis on data in our current roadmap.
On-premise infrastructure is based on Cisco UCS and Pure Storage coupled with VMWare, Veeam, SQL Server and Windows Server solutions, running over a Cisco network to drive Council’s enterprise applications including TechnologyOne Financials, Infor Pathway Property and Rating, Content Manager/TRIM, Ceridian Dayforce people management, ArcGIS spatial products and a wide range of departmental specific solutions. Longer term all of these services will transition to cloud-based approaches.
Our strategic approach is to transform our organisation to be data-centric and to make decisions driven by data – this is to be achieved through consolidation of data into structured systems, with longer term projects in asset management, customer relationship management and implementation of a customer centric portal for all transactions with dashboards and reporting delivered to any device utilising a cloud first approach. Therefore, skills in data and integration will become increasingly critical in our future state.
The IMT team of 33 staff includes passionate staff across service desk, applications and infrastructure, content and information management, web, spatial, customer identity and architectural functions.
What we value
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. Our culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
Things you will do:
- Service Design – the design of new and upgraded applications and infrastructure to support customer requirements, while complying with standards and delivered in a sustainable manner, in conjunction with Council’s technology architects.
- Service Transition - transitioning new and changed services into live Council service operation including change enablement, deployment, issues management and customer support.
- Service Operation - The management of the day-to-day operation of the IM&T services for assigned caseload and applications, including identification of opportunities for improvement.
The successful applicant will require:
- Experience working in an application, networking or server infrastructure environment at an organisational level;
- Experience in application lifecycle management activities including implementation, configuration, operation, maintenance, optimisation, upgrade and transition out of use;
- Experience in service transition activities including change, release and deployment;
- Ability to manage a caseload of operational support within agreed service levels, including incident management, problem management, and service request management;
- Experience in liaising with stakeholders, providing advice support in the use of applications;
- Experience in consulting and sharing information with customers and technical staff, sharing own expertise and work collaboratively to achieve Council outcomes;
- Demonstrated analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills;
- Emotional intelligence and a proven ability to work collaboratively and foster effective strategic relationships with people at all levels both internally and externally.
Employment in this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal History Check with a result of no relevant adverse findings.
View the position description or contact Ninos Khamo, Coordinator Applications Management, on 02 9093 6523.
What do I need to do to apply:
Applicants should include the following in their application:
(1) a recent resume and
(2) a summary no longer than two pages of how they meet essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description.
(3) As there are two positions available, please indicate if you are interested in either the permanent ongoing position or the fixed term 12-month position or both.