To help slow the spread of the coronavirus, Council is taking a number of public health precautions including closing many of our facilities. In addition, many Council events and activities are cancelled. Please visit our COVID-19 page to see what is impacted and for more details about how coronavirus is impacting Randwick City.
Council's role in environmental enforcement
Council's Environmental Health Officers, Compliance Officers and Rangers implement regulations under various laws, including:
- Local Government Act 1993
- Public Health Act 2010
- Food Act 2003
- Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997
- Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979
- Swimming Pools Act 1992
Council's regulatory functions include:
- investigation of community action requests, concerns and complaints
- negotiation and resolution of complaints and breaches
- issue of notices, orders and penalty infringements
- implementation of Court proceedings for serious breaches
- assessment and research of relevant legislative provisions, approvals and licences
- inspection of food premises and other health business premises including, hairdressing salons, skin penetration business, beauty salons, cooling towers, brothels and licensed premises
- inspection of boarding houses, backpacker accommodation and places of public entertainment
- investigation of air, noise and water pollution incidents, issues and complaints
- environmental and public health and safety assessment of development applications and local approvals
- implementation of strategies and programs to maintain and promote public health and safety
- Liquor Licensing matters and programs, which aim to minimise alcohol related anti-social behaviour and promote responsible service of alcohol.
Council's Enforcement Policy aims to ensure that Council implements its regulatory functions in a consistent, accountable and reasonable manner, taking into account the nature and severity of the breach or offence.
Enquiries and complaints
If you have an enquiry or complaint about a particular matter, please contact us.