Upgrading or replacing playgrounds across Randwick
Randwick City recognises the importance of playgrounds for local children and parents and carers.
They are a place for children to exercise, socialise and develop motor skills in a fun and safe environment.
This is particularly important given the number of families choosing to live in units and apartments across Randwick City.
There are an estimated 260 individual pieces of play equipment located in more than 50 playgrounds across Randwick City.
Each year Council provides funds as part of its capital works program to upgrade or replace playgrounds across the City. These works are conducted in close consultation with local families.
Playgrounds vary from smaller pocket playgrounds servicing local families to larger regional playgrounds located at Coogee, Maroubra and Malabar Beaches designed to cater for larger numbers of children.
Some of our best playgrounds are:
- Stan Windon Memorial Playground at Grant Reserve, Coogee
- Cromwell Park Playground at Malabar Beach
- Maroubra Beach Playground
- Bangor Park Playground, Coogee
Council works and upgrades flyers
You can also download information about Council Works & Upgrades which include road, footpath and other major upgrades by Ward:
- Council Works & Upgrades Flyer - Central Ward PDF, 1337.08 KB (Maroubra, South Coogee)
- Council Works & Upgrades Flyer - East Ward PDF, 1347.11 KB (Coogee, South Coogee, Maroubra north and Randwick east)
- Council Works & Upgrades Flyer - North Ward PDF, 1499.17 KB (Clovelly, Coogee north and Randwick north)
- Council Works & Upgrades Flyer - South Ward PDF, 1466.26 KB (Chifley, Little Bay, La Perouse, Malabar, Maroubra south, Matraville, Phillip Bay)
- Council Works & Upgrades Flyer - West Ward PDF, 1538.6 KB (Kensington, Kingsford, Maroubra north and Randwick west)