Wed 20 Nov 2019 - Wed 20 Nov 2019
6.30 pm - 7.30 pm
- Margaret Martin Library, Randwick
- Level 1, Royal Randwick Shopping Centre, Belmore Road, Randwick
It was the race that stopped the nation – but it wasn’t the Melbourne Cup – it was The Fine Cotton Fiasco. Come and listen to Peter Hoysted and Pat Sheil talk about this hilarious secret plan to peddle a crummy horse instead of a faster one and rake in the cash.
- This is a free event. Online bookings essential.
- More Information
- Books will be available for purchase.
BYO reusable cups to help prevent waste and protect the environment. For more information please call 9093 6400.
Hoysted and Sheil will entertain with insights into the 1984 controversy and highlight the horrendous mismanagement, terrible judgment and hilariously bad luck that shrouds this hapless tale.
Peter Hoysted is a columnist at The Australian where he writes under a nom de plume, Jack The Insider, on politics, sport, true crime and whatever else takes his fancy. Pat Sheil is a Sydney writer and journalist who has written for, and edited, many and various publications, radio and stage productions.
Terms and conditions:
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council's websites, publications, social media or by newspapers. By attending this session you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image (or the image of your child) to be published, please notify staff before the event.
- Bookings are essential and spaces are limited.
- If you are unable to attend please cancel your tickets as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the event.
- Due to the safety and enjoyment of participants, we are unable to admit latecomers to the room after the start time.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow the event to run on time.
- Patrons who fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions set out above will have their tickets cancelled.