Wed 22 May 2019 - Wed 8 May 2019
3.45 pm - 4.45 pm
- Every week on Wednesday, until 29 May 2019
- Margaret Martin Library, Randwick
- Level 1, Royal Randwick Shopping Centre, Belmore Road, Randwick
The Spark! Adventurers’ Club is a membership-only club aimed at inquisitive young scientists in school years K to 2. Members will be able to experiment, learn and discover through regular interactive and hands-on science workshops.
- Membership to the Club is limited to the first 30 people to pay the $42 membership fee and register online.
- More Contact Information
- Enquiries: 9093 6400
The Club, which is limited to 30 members, meets once a week each Wednesday from 3.45 - 4.45pm on 8 May, 15 May, 22 May and 29 May.
It is coordinated by Randwick City Library staff, with all workshops and activities presented by professional science providers such as the Children’s Discovery Museum and The Nutty Professor.
Bottled Planets: Wednesday 8 May, 3.45 – 4.45pm
It's the circle of life! Dive into the science of life cycles by creating your own bottled planet aquarium with living plants (algae) and animals (brine shrimp) to take home, care for and study. In this workshop we explore the life cycles of plants and animals and discover how our bottled planet Earth works.
Magic Magnets: Wednesday 15 May, 3.45 – 4.45pm
It’s a sticky game we play! Discover which materials cannot escape a magnet’s powers of attraction. We will learn all about magnets and how they interact with each other. Create a temporary magnet make your own magnetic fishing game to take home.
Palaeontology Lab: Wednesday 22 May, 3.45 – 4.45pm
This is a dinosaur dig with a twist! Come and discover what lies within your frozen dinosaur chamber. This is literally one of the coolest workshops around. Children become palaeontologists, digging for their dinosaurs. We will explore the differences between herbivores and carnivores and discuss what may have led to the dinosaurs' demise.
Sound Factory: Wednesday 29 May, 3.45 – 4.45pm
In this workshop we explore how sound is made and how our ears perceive it. We will be making an incredible clucking chicken that sounds just like the real thing. Your family and friends will be amazed that you made your own pet! Brilliant funky science.
DISCLAIMER: Bookings below are made through Eventbrite which is an
how they store and use your information. You are also able to express your
interest in attending by phoning 9093 6400 during business hours.
Terms and Conditions:
- Members of the Spark! Adventurers’ Club must be between the school years of K to 2 in 2019.
- You must be a Library member to attend. Library membership is free and you can join up at any branch.
- The first 30 children to pay their subscription of $42 and register online via www.randwick.nsw.gov.au/library will be given a place to attend all the Term 2 Spark! Adventurers’ Club meetings in 2019.
- Children in years K – 2 must be accompanied by an adult as they will require help with the activities.
- Refunds or credits will not be given for missed activities under any circumstances.
- Children are expected to attend the full term’s course. The Library should be informed when your child is unable to attend.
- The Spark! Adventurers’ Club is administered and run by Randwick City Library with activities supplied by professional providers.
- Attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council’s websites, publications, social media or in print media. If you do not wish your image (or the image of your child) to be published, please notify staff before the event.