Tue 7 Jul 2020 - Tue 7 Jul 2020
4 pm - 5 pm
- Live webinar online
Join local author, Dina Davis and Helene Grover, well-known facilitator of the Writing for Pleasure program as they discuss Capriccio A Novel based on the true story of the ‘the other woman’ who came between famed poets Sylvia Plath and Ted Hughes.
- This is a free live online event.
- Online bookings essential. Space is limited.
A wealth of research supports this fictional re-creation of the 1960’s scandal that rocked literary London and the world.
Capriccio: A Novel, has been named a Finalist in the fiction section of the NT Chief Minister’s Book Awards. Thomas Keneally describes Capriccio: A Novel as 'a fine evocation with barely a false note.'
It would be helpful, but not essential, to read Capriccio: A Novel before attending Dina’s talk. You can borrow it from our library, or buy on kindle."
We encourage guests to interact by raising questions and topics to be discussed throughout this live online event.
Dina Davis is the former convenor of the Randwick Writers’ Group. She has written short stories, poems and articles, and has
twice been short-listed for the NT Literary Awards. Her work has been published in various writers’ anthologies. Capriccio is her first novel.
This free webinar is open to everyone subject to the Terms and Conditions listed below.
Once you have registered via Eventbrite, you will receive an automatic confirmation email containing further information for the webinar. The webinar is held via Zoom. We will send you a link to join the webinar 2 hours prior and another reminder 15 minutes prior to the webinar so please check your email inbox when you first register - if you don't receive a confirmation email you will not receive the link to access the webinar.
If other members of the same household would like to watch the webinar on a different device than you, they will need to get their own ticket.
If you’re not familiar with Zoom we recommend you visit our library webinar FAQ's page for answers to the most common questions about joining our webinars and further details on how to join.
Terms and conditions:
- You do not need to be a Library member to attend this event, however library membership is free and you can join online.
- Bookings are essential and spaces are limited.
- If you are unable to attend, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the event.
- The ticket and link to join the webinar are not transferable.
- The ticket holder/attendee is not permitted to record or distribute the webinar video. All copyright is held by Randwick City Library.
- Your ticket can be cancelled by the organiser at any time without further notice.
- Please join the event 10 minutes early to allow time for any technical setup or solving potential issues you might experience.
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through audio and/or video recordings. These recordings may be used later on council's websites, social media, or other external websites. By joining a session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, please contact us to discuss your concerns in good time prior to the web-event date.