Fri 15 Nov 2019 - Fri 15 Nov 2019
6.30 pm - 8.30 pm
- Lionel Bowen Library, Maroubra
- 669-673 Anzac Parade, Maroubra
Come along, relax, eat popcorn and watch the movie 'Jasper Jones' directed by Rachel Perkins with us.
- This is a free event available for library members 13 years and older only.
- No booking required. Doors open at 6pm and close at 6.30pm sharp for the movie to start.
- More Information
- BYO reusable cups to help prevent waste and protect the environment. Enquiries: 9093 6400
About the Movie:
In the middle of the night in the scorching summer of 1969, Charlie is awoken by local mixed-race outcast Jasper Jones outside his window. Japser leads him deep into the forest and shows him something that will change his life forever.
Madman Entertainment | Rachel Perkins | Running time: 80 mins | Languages: English | Rated PG
Read or listen to the book Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey before you watch the movie. There are copies available to borrow from our library collection.
Further Information, Terms and Conditions:
- You must be a Library member to attend. Library membership is free and you can sign up at any branch.
- This event is free and for those aged 13 years and older only.
- Film rating PG: These films are for general viewing with parental guidance.
- Where available English subtitles will be shown on screen for each movie.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before 6.30pm to allow the movie to start on time. Due to the safety and enjoyment of participants, we are unable to admit latecomers to the room after the start time.
- All movies are shown courtesy of Kanopy ‘thoughtful entertainment streaming now for free’ with your library card.
- Images courtesy of Kanopy.com.
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council's websites, publications, social media or by newspapers. By attending this session you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image (or the image of your child) to be published, please notify staff before the event.
- See the further information link below for our Friday Night Movies at the Library program.