Wed 24 Jul 2019 - Wed 24 Jul 2019
6.30 pm - 7.30 pm
- Margaret Martin Library, Randwick
- Level 1, Royal Randwick Shopping Centre, Belmore Road, Randwick
Join Peter Sheridan as he takes us on an exploration of the impact of the Art Deco style on the landscape, life and architecture of Sydney during the 1930s and 1940s.
- This is a free event. Bookings essential online.
- More Information
- Books will be available for purchase.
Enquiries: 9093 6400
Peter’s presentation will showcase the best of Sydney’s Art Deco, the first comprehensive reference book on Sydney’s Art Deco heritage. The book explores commercial, residential, civic and industrial buildings as well as cinemas, pubs and shops and identifies over 100 local architects.
Dr Peter Sheridan AM is an internationally recognised historian, collector, author and speaker on Art Deco design.
This is a free event. Books will be available for purchase.
Terms and conditions:
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council's websites, publications, social media or by newspapers. By attending this session you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image (or the image of your child) to be published, please notify staff before the event.
- Bookings are essential and spaces are limited.
- If you are unable to attend please cancel your tickets as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the event.
- Due to the safety and enjoyment of participants, we are unable to admit latecomers to the room after the start time.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow the event to run on time.
- Patrons who fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions set out above will have their tickets cancelled.