Wed 27 Feb 2019 - Wed 27 Feb 2019
5.30 pm - 6.30 pm
- Lionel Bowen Library, Maroubra
- 669-673 Anzac Parade, Maroubra
After spending hours studying wouldn’t it be helpful if that knowledge actually stuck? Unfortunately, the most common study techniques like making notes, highlighting and underlining aren’t well suited to the way the brain learns. If you want to improve your marks without studying more, come along as Jesse Whelan from Sandbox Learning Australia shares his insights gained while studying at Harvard University.
- Free, for HSC students in school years 10, 11 and 12.
- More Information
- Enquiries: 9093 6400
In this session you will understand:
* How memory works and how the brain learns.
* The most effective practices to make learning stick.
* The common practices to avoid when studying.
Terms and conditions:
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council's websites, publications, social media or by newspapers. By attending this session you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image (or the image of your child) to be published, please notify staff before the event.
- Bookings are essential and spaces are limited.
- Due to the safety and enjoyment of participants we are unable to admit latecomers to the room after the start time.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow the event to run on time.
- Patrons who fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions set out above will have their tickets cancelled.
- If you are unable to attend please cancel your tickets as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the programme.