Thu 5 Dec 2019 - Thu 5 Dec 2019
6.30 pm - 7.30 pm
- Margaret Martin Library, Randwick
- Level 1, Royal Randwick Shopping Centre, Belmore Road, Randwick
Come along and be inspired by Sue Liu’s heartwarming and thought-provoking experience as a volunteer aid worker.
- This is a free event. Online bookings essential.
- More Information
- Books will be available for purchase.
BYO reusable cups to help prevent waste and protect the environment. For more information please call 9093 6400.
Sue fell into aid work after volunteering to help refugees in Sri Lanka after the 2004 Boxing Day Tsunami. She’ll share her stories of tragedy and elation and how you can become involved with local and international causes.
This talk is to help raise awareness of the important work volunteers play in responding to community challenges locally and worldwide. International Volunteer Day is held each year on 5 December.
Terms and conditions:
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council's websites, publications, social media or by newspapers. By attending this session you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image (or the image of your child) to be published, please notify staff before the event.
- Bookings are essential and spaces are limited.
- If you are unable to attend please cancel your tickets as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the event.
- Due to the safety and enjoyment of participants, we are unable to admit latecomers to the room after the start time.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow the event to run on time.
- Patrons who fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions set out above will have their tickets cancelled.