English classes for migrants
Randwick City Library provides English Conversation classes for people wishing to improve their English language skills. Migrants from all non-English speaking backgrounds are welcome to attend classes. This is a great way to meet new people and help you feel part of the community.
Everyone is welcome but preference will be given to people who live in the City of Randwick. Alternatively, the Federal Government also has a scheme called the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) which runs courses across the country. Local AMEP classes are provided by TAFE NSW Randwick College
About the classes
- Classes are available at beginner, elementary and intermediate levels.
- The lessons last for two hours and you will need to attend one class every week.
- If you do not come to class for more than three weeks in a row, we will have to give your place to someone else.
- You will be given homework to do. Please make sure you finish it and bring it to your lesson the following week.
- Classes are not aimed at people who speak English as a first language.
Term Enrolment (general)
|Book Club (annual)||per person||$26.00||$0.00||$26.00|
Computer Training (Gold Card member)
Computer Training (non-Gold Card member)
How to join
You must register your interest online to join our English Conversation classes. We run 5 different classes across different levels, days and times:
- Beginner level - On Fridays at 10am
- Beginner level - On Fridays at 2pm
- Elementary level - On Mondays at 10am
- Intermediate level - On Tuesdays at 1pm
- Intermediate level - On Wednesdays at 10am
The next occurrences of our classes are (please note: you only need to book in once per term, please do not book in on a weekly basis):
For more information please contact us.